Happy Saturday everyone!
Ahhhh Spring pastel colors, how I love thee! When I say pastels, I’m not only referring to Spring pastel colored apparel… I’m talking about pretty pastel treats! If you follow me on Instagram and follow some of my stories, you may have noticed that one of the stories a couple of weeks ago featured some Easter treats that my mom & I made. I wasn’t planning on a blog post for these but the replies and recipe requests were too many to ignore. These treats are not only pretty and a great idea to have in the household around Easter time, they also happen to be delicious and make cute Easter gifts. And don’t kid yourself, while the pastel and chocolate mixes may seem like you’ll have to put a lot of time into them, these are super easy and fun to make. Enjoy!
White chocolate Oreo bark (Recipe via Typically Simple)
1 bag of white Wilton candy melts
10 Oreo cookies
1/2 cup M&M’s Spring Pastel Chocolate Candies
1. Crush up the Oreos into small pieces by putting them in a Ziplock bag and crushing them with a rolling pin or by hand. I used both methods to obtain a mix of small and big chunks.
2. Melt the candy melts in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring until they are fully melted.
3. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and pour the candy melt over it, spreading it around with a spatula or spoon. Sprinkle on the crushed Oreos, M&M’s, and sprinkles.
4. Pop the baking sheet into the fridge for about 10-15 and voilà!
EASTER POPCORN (Recipe via Blommi.com)
2 bags of microwave popcorn (full sized, not snack)
30 purple Wilton candy melts
30 Pink Wilton candy melts
30 White Wilton candy melts
M&M’s Spring Pastel Chocolate Candies
1. Pop the popcorn, then separate into two large bowls. Try and remove the unpopped kernels.
2. Place the candy melts in small bowls, one for each color.
3. Microwave the purple candy for 1 minute then stir, repeat in 20-second intervals until melted.
4. Drizzle over one of the bowls of popcorn, use a silicone spatula to ensure you get all the chocolate candy melt out. Toss the popcorn with your hands until well coated. Leave to cool.
5. Repeat above process with pink candy melts.
6. Once the pastel chocolate has set on the popcorn, mix the two colors together, then spread out on a large platter.
7. Melt the white candy melts and drizzle over the platter of popcorn, immediately top generously with candy sprinkles. They will adhere to the melted white chocolate candy.
8. Add the M&Ms and serve or store in air-tight container.