When it comes to skin, I like to think that I am fortunate to have inherited good genes. My grandmother has always had a beautiful complexion which she attributes to having used Ponds night skin cream! And while I’ve never really had any skin problems, even throughout my teenage years, I do get the occasional breakout or a little flaky red skin during the colder months. For a little over a year now, I have been giving my skin a little extra TLC. I no longer go to bed without cleansing and creaming my face and I treat my skin to a weekly skin routine that really helps! It’s funny, but now that I am getting closer to the day where I will no longer be a teenager (I’m turning 20 in a few months!), I have completely changed the way I see skin products and the way I treat my skin.
A few weeks ago, I received some Karine Joncas skin products that had been specifically chosen to match my skin type, which needed some help with the dark circles under the eyes and red patches. I immediately started using them and I have to say that so far, the products have been pretty effective and the results are amazing. The Karine Joncas Essential Routine, also known as the basic everyday routine, usually takes about 5 minutes with the use of 3 products when as the Optimal Routine, which is suggested to be done once a week, takes about 20 minutes with the use of 6 products. I can attest that it’s totally worth the time invested!
1. Remove makeup / cleanse skin : After a long day, the first thing I like to do after getting into some comfy clothes, is remove my makeup with the 4 in 1 Micellar Water with Collagen.
2. Treat : To reduce the redness, I apply the Redness Antidote Repair concentrate on the affected areas. After only a few uses, I see a huge difference in my skin!
3. Hydrate / Seal : The final step is to hydrate the skin with the Youth Activating Gel with Collagen. At first, I was kind of skeptical of this product because it takes a little more time to penetrate (I’m used to slathering on creams that are instantly absorbed). The skin feels a little sticky for a couple of hours but the next morning, expect nothing short of soft skin. This gel has to be the most effective product on my extra dry skin!
1. Remove makeup / Cleanse skin
2. Exfoliate : Apply a thick layer of the Collagen Micro-Peeling Lift and lightly massage it into the skin. Leave it on for 2-5 mins and rinse the excess off.
4. Stimulate : To reduce dark circles under the eyes, apply the Dermo-Lift Corrective Eye Patches for 15 minutes. Apply a thick layer of the Youth Glow Mask with Collagen for 5 minutes. It may not be your best looking 15 minutes of the day, but you’ll feel like a million bucks the rest of the day!
5. Hydrate / Seal
What are your favourite skincare products?